My Monday Motivation! Stories from the Classroom



What motivates Coldspring-Oakhurst CISD teachers?  Read what's getting some teachers fired up for the week!

 What motivates me each Monday?  I take the time on Mondays to find an inspirational/motivational video online, share it with my students, and then we spend time discussing it after watching.  We usually end the class by writing a response to the video or the discussion, or both.  I hope the students get inspired, discover a new way to look at a problem, or just learn to persevere through obstacles in their life.  I really enjoy helping the students!
- Becky Jewkes, COHS English and Yearbook Teacher













I'm really excited about this week's spirit activities and all the spirit the students are showing for Red Ribbon Week, Pink Out, and Senior Night coming up on Friday.  We've got such a great group of students! 
- Marilyn Toney, Dance, Drill Team, and Cheer teacher



















I'm really excited to be here today because we are making final preparations for our UIL Marching Band competition, which is Tuesday! We've been working really hard on our program, and the students are ready.  This year, we are including some of our junior high school students in the marching program, and they are really excited about the opportunity! 
- Suzanne Beavers, Lincoln Junior High 






And then we have Lori McGarvey, library aide at COHS library:

What motivates me is that I love my job!  I look forward to Mondays because I like to talk to teachers and students. I like to keep the library "neat and tidy." I like to encourage students to come and stay at the library.  I especially like to help students work through their problems- how to find a book in the library, what to read next, what to do to bring up a grade, how to study better, how to decide where to go to college, how to prepare for college, etc.  







No comments:

Post a Comment